Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mother knows the best




















What is sweeter than a good mother? I hope you are blessed with such a special, precious gift. "Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living" and since, we all have a mother who brought us into the world. But a woman is not automatically a mother; she only becomes one when she gives birth to a child, as Rajneesh nicely puts it: "The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. "

It is fascinating to discover the multitude of the facets a Mom's love has and I will point some of them below to emphasize the beauty of a mother's love:

1. Pure- A mother's love is the purest love on Earth; it represents the highest level of sacrifice and since her baby is born, till the day she dies, a mother is bound to the fruit of her womb and her love is always poured on her child. Caring from the first heartbeats of her young, trough the long feverish nights and counseling the young teenage heart that has fallen in love for the first time...

2. Unconditioned- All these are done without expecting something material in return, except maybe for a loving embrace. How does she know what that baby will treat her like when he grows up? Will he respect her or not? Will he take care of her in her old age or simply forget about her? She doesn't even care, all she cares about is to do her best to keep her child safe, giving him an education, a shelter, all she can do to offer him more and better than she had. As the good old Danish proverb says "A rich child often sits in a poor mother's lap."

3. Steady ,always the same- In "Beloved" (1987) Toni Morrison adorably puts it in the picture showing that "Grown don't mean nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown? What's that supposed to mean? In my heart it don't mean a thing."

4. Tender as well as most powerful- Tender as a baby's kiss is the way a mother can be, still, we see her fighting like a young lioness for the protection of her child, don't you dare harm him in any way whatsoever! She has this "mother instinct" buried deep within her soul and mixed with the purest love, it makes her the most powerful human being. "Who takes the child by the hand takes the mother by the heart." - German Proverb

5. Forgiving - Second chances do not exist ...because she gives a billion second chances if we can call them so. From the first steps to the maturity years, you will not find a deeper human love then that of a good mother. Honoré de Balzac said "The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness."

6. Temporary blessing- I have recently seen a funeral of a mother, and the pain in her children's heart moved me profoundly. I realized more than ever that to have a mother is a temporary blessing, the more you have her around, the more blessed you are. However, sometimes the more we have that fortune, the more we get used to it, take it for granted, forgetting to appreciate this unique human being, whom we can call "mother". The beautiful bouquets of flowers from the funeral don't make up for times when we could have done that while she was alive and well, wishing to enjoy the beauty of the flowers showered with our love.

As Washington Irving said" A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts." It is indeed a great loss to lose your mother...

In His Bible, God Himself also commands "Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you." The consequences of not doing so were really serious:"Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death." Obviously God meant what He said and to show respect to your parents, mother respectively, was a must and not an option...or else...

Mother’s Love is God’s Top Priority

It is my opinion that when it comes to God’s priorities, He places addressing Mother’s prayers for their children at the top of the list. That doesn’t always mean that everything turns out perfect for “the children” because we as children do have our free agency and we did choose to come to this earth to experience certain lessons that may be painful for ourselves as well as our Mothers. This is where, no matter how hard it may be, trusting that God knows what is best is the only way to face the more difficult times Mothers face with their children.


A Mother’s Love creates Miracles

This I know without a doubt—a Mother’s love and her prayers for her children continually result in miracles that cannot be explained by anyone on this earth. A Mother’s concerns are felt by her children, and those concerns and undying love do make a huge difference in children’s lives because:

  • A Mother’s love can heal a child miraculously when there is no hope medically!
  • A Mother’s love does open a child’s heart so the child is able to see the lower-energy that comes with harmful choices!
  • A Mother’s love sometimes is the only thing that opens a child’s heart so they can see themselves as a young person deserving self-respect.
  • A Mother’s love “fixes” stuff that NO ONE else can fix!
  • A Mother's love NEVER Stops

A Mother’s Love is Always here no matter what we think or how we act


Our Mother’s love is what makes us realize that no matter how poor our choices are, she truly does not give up on us. Oh yeah, she may be very disappointed in some of our choices, but that does not mean she gives up on us. And, even if she says, out of extreme frustration, “I give up”--trust me that deep down she never gives up! That my friends, is exactly how God views all of us! No matter how bad we mess up, he like our Mothers, never truly give up on us.


So, if you are a Mother, please use your God-given power to love your children unconditionally. Your child, no matter what their age is, always needs to feel your powerful love for them, and they need you to love them always no matter what they choose to do in life. Again, I promise you that if you ALWAYS send love to your child, you will make a difference in their life.


I am NOT yet a mother because, I am still studying and continue my college to pursue my career in my life. I know it is not easy to become a mother if not yet ready. With my age of 20, I know that I am not yet ready. That's why I choose to continue searching and studying so that, I can give the best I can for my children in the future. I am so blessed that I have a mother named MAMA AGNES. She is an ever loving and very supportive mother I ever meet. My MAMA AGNES really knows the best for me and for my two sisters.

Even my father is always out of my world because, he has many things to do and many times he forgot me. He even forgot to march and with me during my graduation day. But, thanks my mother is always with me. Her overflowing love makes me happy.

For my mother, I really salute you MAMA AGNES. Thank you so much for everything and I love you so much. When you will get old, I will take care of you and I will give you the best I can only to make you happy together with my father and sisters. You are my life and my everything.

Love,
Mayhadiel

No comments:

Post a Comment